Is mold dangerous?

Mold is extremely dangerous when left untreated. Some of the health conditions that are caused by mold are:

  • Coughing 
  • Sneezing
  • Runny Nose
  • Eye Irritation
  • Lung Irritation
  • Headache
  • Rash

Often older properties can have moisture trapped under the carpet and hardwood that comes from spills, pet urine, and leaks. This creates mold that is virtually undetectable until a proper inspection is done, or health side effects develop in the residents of the house. This type of growth is especially dangerous for pets and children that spend more time close to the floor.

Mold can also form in many other places that one wouldn’t expect. Doors and walls that lead to the outdoors are prone to mold growth because of leaks from rainfall.

Here is an example of mold growth under hard wood floors:

mold growing in home under wood floors